Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Blog Hop Time!

Happy Friday! Today we are having our first Instyle Stamps Blog Hop of 2011! Hooray! Our theme this month is Valentine's Day! If you came from Jessica's Blog you are on the right track, if not you can always start at the ISS Blog and go from there.

Valentine's Day is commonly known in Spanish as The Day of Love and Friendship. Now my friends and I always celebrate Valentine's by sending each other little treats and getting together and having dinner. Even though I'm married, I always try and show my friends that I love them too and am thankful for them on this day and vice versa. With that said my Valentine's gift is not for the Hubby (sorry honey..lol) but for one of my friends. This little treat box says Thank You on the front and the inside will say For Being a Friend. Yes I am a golden girl fan, therefore I will also include a little video at the end of the post. ;)

Anyhoo, I didn't want the box to be too romantic (dark reds,browns,blacks) so I picked pastel colors and lace to give it a sweet and girly feel. I used one of the sweeter stamps from Patty Love for the front (cause we all know the home made sweets are the best part of Valentines). For the treats, I will be making heart shaped Jam cookies. Yum. I hope you keep your friends in mind when making those Valentine gifts this year, they will definitely appreciate them..I know mine do. :)




The Prize up for grabs is a $25 Goodie Bag from Instyle Stamps
Your next stop is Angelique! Thanks for stopping by, happy hopping. :)




Supplies:
Image: Patty Love Stamp Set by Instyle Stamps
Paper: Basic Grey Curio/Marjolaine
Coloring: R20, BG09, PM-19, PM-88, PM-50, BG-05, Le Plume Cherry, Black PP
Misc: Lace from stash, MM bling

11 comments:

Gabbi said...

Sweet sweet box I love these colors. Also your YouTube video of the golden girls made me smile. I love that song.
Gabbi

Deonna B said...

Great treat box. I love that stamp.

Karin said...

So sweet! Love the lace and the fab coloring :) Any friend would love this little treat!

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful box! I love the lace.

Jennifer

Bev Gerard said...

What a sweet & feminine little box you've created!

~Bev

Kerry said...

This box is gorgeous!!! Love it to pieces! :)

Unknown said...

Love the lace and love the box!

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

What a yummy little box!

Zarah said...

Super duper cute! :D

CCC said...

What a wonderful way to give a gift of heart shaped jam cookies! Wonderful.

Kerie's Kafe said...

Very lovely Valentines box ~ thanks for sharing!!!
www.kerieskafe.blogspot.com